Turkish Mosaic Lamps
Turkish mosaic lamps are considered as one of the best known art forms produced by Turks, whether plain or floral. All the Turks from Central Asia to Turkey glass mosaic art of the spread between environmental, social, economic and religious reasons are. The geographical regions where the Turks had lived for centuries were areas where there was a temperate weather climate. Day and night, summer and winter temperature differences were very variable. Turkish nomads, agricultural areas or lived in big houses or in tents set up in major cities and towns in the interior lighting walls sometimes to protect themselves from the effects of cold air entries were alight with mosaics and lamps. Mosaic lamps have always used the light of the glass and rarely the bead light. These mosaic lamps warmed people up against the cold. Mosaic lamps with flat mosaic lamps were often used in houses or palaces.
Turkish mosaic lamps are the best sellers of household goods all over the world. Its rich colors, warm tones and extraordinary textures and traditional motifs have a large share of the Turkish mosaic lamps since the 13th century. Marco Polo, who traveled around Anatolia in the 13th century, commented on the beauty and artistic value of these mosaic lamps. It was discovered in many mosques in central Anatolia, known as the Seljuk mosaic lamps, which remained from this period. Seljuk Mosaic lamps are exhibited in museums in Konya and Istanbul. The idea that we might be looking at the same mosaic lamps he praised in 1272 is very exciting.
The Art of Turkish Mosaic Lamp The spread and development in Anatolia coincides with the Seljuk Empire period. The art of hand-craftsmanship was introduced by the Seljuks, who lived their strongest period towards the end of the 11th century and the beginning of the 12th century. In addition to numerous mosaic pieces, many of which are still undocumented, there are many pieces of lamps of Seljuk origin. The oldest known Seljuk mosaic lamps remain from the 13th and 14th centuries. 8 of these mosaic lamps were discovered by the German Consulate Loytred in 1905 at the Alaattin Mosque in Konya, the capital of the Seljuks. It is known that these mosaic lamps were processed in the Seljuk region between 1220 and 1250.